There are a lot of great blogs and websites out there that provide a wealth of knowledge and information regarding the music business, music news, and the art of making music. Here are some music sites that I’ve personally found useful.
Check out these helpful music blogs and websites!
- Ari’s Take
- DIY Musician
- Site run by CD Baby with a bunch of helpful music tips, news, and articles.
- Song Exploder
- Go behind the scenes and learn how artists and composers created their popular songs.
- Music Industry Blog
- A music research and analysis blog run by Mark Mulligan.
- Music Think Tank
- Where artists can share their opinions, ideas, and best practices.
- The Music Biz Academy
- Helpful info for selling, promoting, and other music-related stuff.
- Derek Sivers
- Digital Music News
- Making Music Magazine
- Music tips, tricks, and education.
- Pro Tools Expert
- News, reviews, interviews, plug-ins, deals, etc. Lots of stuff, not necessarily just Pro Tools. I use Cubase, but this site is still helpful to me.
- Film and Game Composers
- News and interviews relating to film and game composing.
- Spotify Artists Blog
- Keep up to date with what Spotify is doing for artists
And as an added bonus, don’t miss these websites below that help you track the latest music deals, coupons, promotions, and discounts for music gear, plugins, VSTs, sample libraries, and more.
Here are some sites to help save you money!
Oh, and don’t forget to check out my page about benefits and discounts that you probably already have through your music organizations.
Lastly, if the lists above aren’t enough for you, I’d like to refer you to a site called Musicians Empowered that lists the “ultimate top 100 music industry blogs.” Enjoy!
If you have some other music sites that you have found particularly helpful, please share them in the comments below!